Fine Tuning Your World

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wk1-1 DB Quickies: DIY Classroom/Presentation Solutions

The Intimate Obstacle!



During a digital literacy training I held recently at a middle school I wanted to project videos onto a large projector screen. It was after school and the av tech was not there. When we plugged up my computer the screen was upside down. I had this problem on my projector when I installed it, and I remember it being a real pain to figure out. We did not have a great deal of time so I tried to create a new atmosphere. I sold the presentation as an "intimate conversation" and had everyone move very close to the front, and showed the videos on my Macbook. It worked out better than I planned, the students got comfortable and became very involved in the conversation. Next time I will bring a projector but the fix worked out fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment