Fine Tuning Your World

Sunday, May 8, 2011

In the Scope- Week 1 Free Choice

So its 2011 and the Digital Age is in full swing. History has given us such an awesome vantage point at this time. We are able to look back at the progression of the human race and learn from so many of the successes and failures of man. Our failures have led to some very trying times. Uncertain times. My great-grandmother's generation would be very skeptical at what appears to be a decline in morality and an inability to learn from her generations affinity for war. She probably would be concerned that technology has made life a bit too simple and that this will have some adverse affect on the people. I very easily could see her points, I mean look at our education system. Years ago America was the place to be because with just a little bit of drive and determination anything was possible. It was the place to be because every person understood what it meant to come together and influence progress for the betterment of our world. In the face of World Wars I & II, the Korean War and Vietnam they had no choice but to be strong and resilient and build a better future for us.

I am seeing a new breed of educator on the Horizon that remind me of these things. With declining results in our education system, waning enthusiasm from our students and a dismal job market many would give up, and let society run whatever course may be. Teachers, the cornerstone of all civilizations, that essential element in all of our cultures are striving to rescue our students. Whether its the creation of the charter school system or the fight for collective bargaining or the re-education of themselves, teachers are making it happen. Teachers recognize their role in preparing society for what is to come. The next wave of teachers are acquiring skills to make a serious impact on the world using best practices in technology. I am proud to be one of them and I am looking forward to making history. I hope that somewhere my great-grand is proud of what we are doing because I sure am proud of what she did.

Happy Mother's Day Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure your great-grand is proud of you Terrance! You are a new kind of pioneer, really exploring/surviving/thriving on a new frontier.

    ReplyDelete