Fine Tuning Your World

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 4 - The Art of Possibility

I stated in another blog that I feel enrollment is all about buying in. It is saying I am willing to become an active change agent. So many times we may agree with a thing, even feel passionate about it but not become active. Enrollment is about buying in. It is also seems to be a contagious thing. Others may follow the lead of someone who steps up to the plate.

I was happy to read chapter ten. As great as I think the book is I was beginning to feel that it was all positive. The chapter acknowledges that some times things do not appear to be working out. I thought the solution they offered was cool, I would have never looked at myself as the game board. This gave the book an interesting twist. The metaphysical implications of being the ultimate captain of ones fate is resonates a bit with me. Knowing this allows us to make the conscious decision to handle every situation non matter how difficult it may be.It's more than just wishful thinking. Being the "the board" questions the root causes of situations as well and I can appreciate the in depth analysis the book suggests.

Having read the Art of Possibility has given me a great deal of confidence and motivation. I found myself being grateful for all of the experiences the Zanders shared and glad this was a required reading. I also spent a lot of time analyzing my life of measurement. As I live in the life of possibility, I expect to see and achieve great things in myself as I observe the greatness in others.

3 comments:

  1. Terrance,

    I really liked your last paragraph where you discussed taking time for personal reflection and some analysis of the measure of your life. That is really powerful stuff. The best teachers, managers, and human beings are those that take time every now and then to reflect.

    There is so much constant noise in our lives like cell phones, text messages, iPods that people never give themselves enough space to reflect and think. We live is a word full of distraction and noise. It seems sometimes that people are too distracted to even be present in their own life.

    Really good thoughts! Keep living the life of possibility and I am sure that great things will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrance, I enjoy reading your blogs. Your metaphor about being the ultimate captain of your fate came from a different angle than I saw. I saw Zander’s “be the board” concept as stepping back from the space time continuum and observing your connection to the fabric of reality rather than being a victimized particle. The main divergence in our thoughts is that a captain of one’s own fate would not chart a course to be rear ended by a drunk; where as, the aftermath of such a fate would yield to interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing T - I appreciate that you dig deep with your commentary. I wholeheartedly concur with what you said about enrollment and buy-in. Until you become active in a cause, you are merely an observer... on the periphery. It's basically the difference between thinking and doing.

    ReplyDelete