Fine Tuning Your World

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 4 In response to Kristi Swartz

Kristi,

My take on enrollment is it is simply buying in to the larger cause of humanity. To contributing as it was stated earlier. I think enrollment is the conscious decision that I am a willful participant in the world around me and that my actions will affect the growth of others. So you are right. I think it is about participation AND the concept was stated earlier in the book just in a different way. Contributing, enrolling, participating. All indicate submission into the concept of possibility.



Kristi wrote:

This week after finishing The Art of Possibilities I reflect further on how this book has changed my perspective. I understand the idea of being ready to participate, offering the gifts we possess for the good of the community, and being open to others eagerness to catch the spark and share it with others. This is a great model for teachers today. We can participate in the students learning in our class sharing what we know and learning from our students’ gifts and knowledge. We can definitely instill sparks within our students creating students who catch the fever to learn and grow in everything they do.

The whole enrollment thing did throw me, however. I prefer to think of it as participation, as discussed in an earlier chapter. The idea of enrollment seemed redundant to me. I look forward to others thoughts on enrollment.

My favorite part of this reading dealt with the Nelson Mandela address of the words of Marianna Williamson. The idea of this poem in regard to sharing our power and light and how that can spark others to shine their light as well, was inspiring to me. I actually read over this several times and typed it out to print at a later time. I love the idea of all people being born to manifest the glory of God within us, all of us. That was an inspirational message, and a spark, a light, I hope to share my students through my actions!


Follow me to Kristi’s blog

No comments:

Post a Comment