Fine Tuning Your World

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Submission 2 Action Research Blog

    Socio-economic factors associated with the digital divide is affecting my community. If I implement technology based communication systems with education programs then increased academic performance and professional success will follow.

    I am the director of a technology based learning center. We are located in the target demographic of most digital divide reports. I see the various concerns that specifically affect this community on a regular basis. I believe that access with education will serve a dual purpose in closing this divide. For five years I have directed the operations of my center and recently was awarded a grant to expand our work. I plan on executing my Action Research project in real time as we see measure the effects of implementing our recent award.

    I want to find a formula that works and has exponential benefits to the community. Jobs, consumer goods, and education are the basic components of a system I intend to construct.
Consumer goods created to provide local jobs while teaching valuable skills. Through computer refurbishment we will build a cycle of economic growth in our community. We will educate individuals about the use of computers to provide greater benefit to their lives and train some to service and refurbish computers. We can resale computers to revenue that can go back into employing the community.

    I recently decided to invite some of the experienced people I work with into my friend circle and I think this will be of great value within the coming weeks. These friends are sharing with me real solutions to closing the divide and assisting me with the implementation of resources.  I speak with my critical friends frequently about my vision. They either know me personally or professionally and in both cases have witnessed my passion for community building and technology.

    This course has helped me as I continue about this experience. I have been able to compile a nice list of resources and I am finding more every day. They have been incorporated into my reference page and I am learning from great peer reviewed articles. I have also been exposed to some amazing web2.0 tools. I have already implemented igoogle pages with my students and exposed them to visuwords.com and creaza.com. I have no time to waste and want to show as much progress as I can! I am seriously grateful for the last month’s experience. ETC has added color to my Action Research project and I feel empowered with the great things I have learned in this class. Special thanks to the helpful and cooperative Full Sail staff for helping me through some external challenges I faced this month. I am looking forward to the next phase in the Action Research process.

No comments:

Post a Comment