Fine Tuning Your World

Sunday, October 10, 2010

BP5_Elluminate Web2.0 tool

You know the most difficult part of the last few assignments has been selecting one web 2.0 tool to use and discuss at a time. This has been a mind expansive week for me as I have been exposed to dozens and dozens of great software solutions. Our technology center is growing and I am glad to be growing with it. The applications I select have been chosen because I see them making an immediate impact on our operation. As a social studies teacher I am looking forward to using other applications in the future.

Elluminate is an online collaboration tool that will change the way I interact with my staff and my students. Their phrase “unified learning and collaboration” is an excellent way to consider the approach they took here. On Elluminate our staff can take our regular phone conferences up a notch and reference documents, share video and powerpoint presentations, instant message and more.

I am excited about using this as a intra-office tool. The trial is a great way for me to prepare the center for this new technology. With the Elluminate vspace trial three participants can collaborate. Of course I plan on doing the upgrade to accommodate my new digital connector class of 25, but this is a nice start. We are a 3 person staff so this was the perfect fit! There are a variety of tutorials which I have seen and I have set up our account. We start this week!

I cant wait to use the vroom with classroom and tutoring education. Tutors can schedule a vroom and meet online with students. Even at the center it will be a useful tool for teachers working with small groups like our GED class. With a vspace there is live sharing of various content such as webpages, files, hi-res video, audio via cpu or phone, recorded sessions and smaller break out rooms. Similar to the WIMBA system we use at Full Sail, I plan on using this software to synthesize the learning environment of my digital connectors program. I will also make best use of my center’s space while making the classes interactive and efficient.



To learn more about Elluminate visit www.elluminate.com


Retrieved on Saturday October 9th, 2010 from http://www.elluminate.com/Products/Unified_Learning_&_Collab/?id=305/

No comments:

Post a Comment