Fine Tuning Your World

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PE4_Flash

For years I have been expanding my computer knowledge and doing my best to stay current with best use computer practices. I am a self learner in many ways. In 1996 I remember being exposed to Adobe Photoshop and spent many wonderful hours exploring the software. I graduated from 4.0 to subsequent versions of the software, CS then CS2, CS3 and I am now working on CS5. My mother was a graphic designer and I believe I inherited some of her artistic skill. By learning Photoshop I was empowered with a YES I CAN type of approach to learning new software. I found myself learning more and more programs and applying them with great results in my personal and professional life. Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro and IBM Protools are just a few of dozens of applications I taught myself.


Unfortunately this eagerness never transfered to Adobe Flash. I believe it was mainly because of what others told me about it. Flash always seemed to be a skill obtained only by the most proficient of designers, a class I never professed to be a part of. I looked at it once or twice and must admit to my own intimidation with the program. In some programs the interface is very easy to understand. You can perform some basic functions with little difficulty that will get you started. Once you have some basics then you can venture into other parts of the program. I did not find this to be the case with Flash. When looking at it I knew that it would take more concentration to learn this program. I am glad to see that we will be required to learn it in the coming months because I am ready to meet the Flash challenge. I am sure I will be ok. I am going to research more about it's use and develop some good strategies for using it in my work. My next posts will cover what I am learning about Flash and how I plan on using the program once I learn it.

Thanks and stay tuned!
Terrance

No comments:

Post a Comment